Christ Hospital Same Day Surgery
Level B – Main Campus
2139 Auburn Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45219
**If your procedure is at Christ Hospital, the majority of patients will be staying overnight.**
To park your own car: From Auburn Avenue, turn on to Mason Street and follow signs to P3 Garage. Take the side stairs located on Level D (by the elevator) up to get out of the garage, and walk over to the Heart Center entrance to the hospital on Level C. Registration is to the right of the elevators.
Valet parking: ($6 fee) From Auburn Avenue, turn on to Mason Street and follow signs to Heart Center. From the Heart Center entry, registration is to the right of the elevators.
If physically impaired: (using walker, wheelchair, or difficulty with longer walks), please utilize valet parking.
Ride home for patients scheduled to go home the same day of surgery: If you are receiving sedation or a general anesthetic, you must have a responsible adult to drive you home. If there is no responsible adult, your procedure will be cancelled. You cannot take a cab home unless a responsible adult is with you.
Pre-Surgery Testing Appointment:
- If you have an appointment set up at one of The Christ Hospital’s Testing Centers for Pre-Surgery testing, please be sure to bring your picture ID and insurance card with you.
Morning of Surgery:
- Remove your jewelry and leave at home along with other valuables.
- Brush your teeth.
- Do not apply deodorants, creams, lotions or perfumes near the operative site.
- No smoking.
Things to bring with you to the hospital:
- Any paperwork your surgeon or primary care has given you related to your surgery.
- Cane, walker, or any other assistive device you use.
- Garment or brace to be used after surgery.
- CPAP machine if you use on a daily basis (only if staying overnight).
- Home oxygen tank if currently using oxygen at home. (If continuous oxygen is not needed, then please leave tank in car in case it is needed for the ride home.)
- Your Living Will and/or Durable Power of Attorney.
- Your glasses, contact lenses, and dentures, along with their cases if possible.
When you arrive at the hospital:
- For your privacy, we prefer your family remain in the waiting area while you are interviewed by Nursing Staff and Anesthesia. We limit family members in the treatment area to 2 and will bring them back as soon as possible.
- You will receive an IV by an experienced IV Therapy Nurse.
- Your Physician and/or anesthesia may order pre-operative medications to be given. Your Nurse will explain these medications to you before they are given.
- Surgery times are not exact. We will keep you informed of any delays that may arise.
- For the protection of our patients, all family and visitors are asked not to visit if they have symptoms of cold, cough, flu, runny nose, sore throat, cold sores, vomiting, diarrhea, and fever, rash or skin infections.
- Children brought to the hospital will require adult supervision other than the patient.
Same Day Surgery Post-Operative Care:
- If you are going home the same day, you will return to the Same Day Surgery Department for discharge home. We will assess your pain and address any other issues that arise prior to discharging you home. You will be given both verbal and written discharge instructions.
- Expect a telephone call the next day from a Same Day Surgery RN to see how you are doing and to give us feedback on your stay.