Contrave is a newer weight loss medication that is approved by the FDA for long-term weight management. It is designed to help target cravings and reduce appetite. When starting Contrave, it is important to follow the dosing recommendations as follows:
- For the first week, take 1 tablet every morning when you wake up.
- For the second weeks, take 2 tablets: one every morning when you wake up, and one in the afternoon around an hour before dinner.
- In week 3, take 3 total tablets: two every morning when you wake up, and one in the afternoon around an hour before dinner.
- In week 4, take 4 total tablets: two every morning when you wake up, and two in the afternoon around an hour before dinner.
After 90 days of treatment (which would be at your fourth office visit), we can start to prescribe 30 days and 2 refills, providing the medication is working well for you. At that point you only need to come in every 3 months for office visits. Until that time, state regulations require that you come in for a live office visit every 4 weeks.
Contrave’s CurAccess program offers the best pricing at $99/month through their partner pharmacy, Lombard Pharmacy. Once we send your prescription, Lombard will call or text you within 24 hours within instructions on how to get it processed. Please have your prescription insurance card readily available.
If you do not receive a tcall or text, you can contact them directly:
- Toll free voice: (844) 232-9920
- Fax: (630) 495-2355
If you do not make contact with Lombard Pharmacy, your script will not be mailed to you.