Post-op Meds & Activity Progress:
- Lap Band Adjustments
- For band patients, the first adjustment of your Lap Band will be done at the 4 week visit in the office. You will not have an adjustment at your 1 week visit.
- We recommend that you see the team every 4 weeks for the first year for a weight check and to be evaluated for an adjustment.
- We will evaluate the need for additional adjustments at each follow-up appointment.
- After the first year your band can be adjusted as-needed, however we do recommend coming to our main office in Cincinnati once a year for an X-ray to check placement of the band.
- After any adjustment, if you are having issues keeping down solid food, please call and let us know!
- On the day of any band adjustment, eat a light breakfast (like Carbmaster Yogurt or low-fat cottage cheese, nothing solid).
- After each adjustment, you must go back to liquids for the rest of the day, pureed the following day, and then to soft solid foods for a day (or longer if necessary).