Post-op Diet Progress:
Important Tips to Remember!
- All food choices on the puree stage should be the consistency of applesauce!!!
- Do not use your mouth as a blender. Please puree all foods in a blender.
- Foods like rice, pasta, bread, raw fruits and vegetables do not blend well. These foods can swell up and can cause discomfort. Avoid using these products.
- Eat a protein source every time you eat, and make sure to make protein your priority.
- Eat 5-6 mini meals a day.
- Portions at each meal are up to ⅓ cup for dense foods (eg: pureed chicken salad, egg salad, tuna salad, etc) and up to ½ cup for full liquid proteins (eg: protein shakes, yogurt, cream soups, etc)
- Make sure to stop eating when you are full.
- Avoid drinking 5-10 minutes before and 20-30 minutes after meals and also avoid drinking during a meal.
- Avoid skipping meals, we recommend spacing meals/supplements about every 2.5-3 hours.
- Avoid eating anything 3 hours prior to bed.